State CPE Requirements
State Board Website:
License Renewal Deadline:
December 31 on odd numbered years
CPE Reporting Period:
1/1 to 12/31 biennially ending on odd numbered years
Total CPE Hours Required:
Minimum CE Hours per year:
• Instruction: The maximum credit allowed instruction is 40 credits. No repetitions for instructor credits unless the material has substantially changed. Entry level accounting courses do not count for instructors.
• Published Materials: Credit for published books/articles is limited to 20 credits per instance on a self-declaration basis. The maximum allowed for all Publications combined is 40 credits.
• Published Materials and Self Study: The maximum credit allowed from self-study and published material combined is 40 credits.
• Self-Study: The maximum credit allowed for self-study is 40 credits. If the delivery method is non-interactive, only 1/2 of the total credit is granted
Other Subject Area Requirements:
Twenty-four (24) hours in Accounting & Auditing, if participating in attest activities
Other State Policies:
• The Pennsylvania State Board of Accountancy.
• The National Registry of CPE sponsors.
• The accountancy regulatory body of a state that permits the practice of public accounting under the principles of substantial equivalency.
• A college or university accredited by a Nationally recognized accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.