State CPE Requirements
State Board Website:
License Renewal Deadline:
Last day of birth month annually
CPE Reporting Period:
First day of month following birth month to last day of birth month over a three year rolling period
Total CPE Hours Required:
Minimum CE Hours per year:
• Instruction: Instruction credits are limited to 60 hours combined with authorship.
• Meetings: Board meeting attendance is limited to 4 hours.
• Published Materials: Authorship credits are limited to 60 hours combined with instruction.
• Per Review: Not accepted for CPE credit.
Other Subject Area Requirements:
• 96 hours in technical subjects such as audit, attestation, financial reporting, tax, management consulting, financial advisory or consulting, and other areas acceptable to the board.
• 24 hours of CPE sponsored by organizations other than a licensee’s firm or employer.
Other State Policies:
New Mexico accepts CPE credits for programs offered by NASBA sponsors.