State CPE Requirements
State Board Website:
License Renewal Deadline:
CPE Reporting Period:
10/1 to 9/30 annually
Total CPE Hours Required:
2 hours must be earned in a qualifying ethics course
• Behavioral/Personal Development Courses: Limited to twelve (12) hours.
• Nano Learning: Limited to 25% of the total hours.
• Published Materials: Limited to 50% of total hours. Credit for authoring published materials is determined by the Board.
• Self-Study: Limited to 50% of total hours.
• Technical Meetings: Attendance of technical sessions of chapter meetings of national and state accounting organizations is limited to 8 hours.
Other Subject Area Requirements:
8 hours in Accounting and Auditing
Other State Policies:
• Exemption: A licensee seeking renewal of an annual permit in this state shall be deemed to have met the CPE requirements of this state by meeting the CPE requirements for renewal of a certificate in the state in which the licensee’s principal place of business is located. If a licensee’s principal place of business has no CPE requirements for renewal of a certificate, the licensee must comply with all the CPE requirements for renewal of an annual permit in this state.
• Alabama accepts CPE credits for programs offered by National Registry sponsors.