State CPE Requirements
State Board Website:
License Renewal Deadline:
12/31 biennially, odd years
CPE Reporting Period:
1/1 to 12/31 biennially, odd years
Total CPE Hours Required:
Minimum CE Hours per year:
• Meetings: Dinner, luncheon and breakfast meetings of recognized accounting organizations may qualify when structured as a continuing education program. Portions of meetings devoted to administration and firm matters cannot be included for CPE credit.
• Published Materials: Authorship credits are limited to 25% of total hours.
• Blended Learning: CPE credits for blended learning will be accepted as long as the program is measurable in accordance with Board rules.
Other Subject Area Requirements:
16 hours in Accounting and Auditing
Other State Policies:
• Carryover: A maximum of 15 credit hours may be carried from one reporting period to the subsequent reporting period. Carried hours cannot be used to meet the yearly minimums or accounting and auditing requirements.
• Exempt: Any licensee who has attained 70 years of age is exempt from the continuing professional education requirement for renewal of his individual permit to practice public accounting.