State CPE Requirements
State Board Website:
License Renewal Deadline:
CPE Reporting Period:
10/1 to 9/30 annually
Total CPE Hours Required:
4 hours every 3 years
• Instruction: Instruction credits are limited to 50% of total hours.
• Non-Technical Subjects: Courses in the following subject areas are limited to 50% of total hours: communication arts; mathematics, statistics, probability and quantitative applications in business; economics; business, securities and administrative law; human resources policies; and computer software applications.
• Published Materials: Authorship credits are limited to 50% of total hours.
• Fields of Study: This jurisdiction has a rule(s) placing limitations on certain subject areas or requiring a certain number of credits within a certain subject area or group of subject areas. Confirmation with the Board of the impact of the changes included in the new Fields of Study document, which went into effect September 1, 2016, is included in this analysis.
Other Subject Area Requirements:
Other State Policies:
• Carryover: A maximum of 20 credit hours may be carried from one reporting period to the subsequent reporting period. Carried hours cannot be used to meet the ethics requirement.
• Maine accepts CPE credits for programs offered by NASBA sponsors.