State CPE Requirements
State Board Website:
License Renewal Deadline:
9/30 every three years
CPE Reporting Period:
10/1 to 9/30 every three years
Total CPE Hours Required:
• Instruction: Instruction credits are limited to 60 hours.
• Non-Verifiable CPE: Credit for non-verifiable CPE is limited to 60 hours and includes the following:
o Programs without an approved sponsor
o Committee Meetings and Technical Meetings*
o Reading of Published Materials*
o Consultation with experts or research in an area new to the licensee*
• Personal Development: Personal development credits are limited to 24 hours.
• Published Materials: Authorship credits are limited to 30 hours.
• Self-Study: Self-study credits are limited to 80 hours. Only 60 hours can be from non-interactive self-study.
*This type of CPE is limited to 10 hours and comprises part of the hours allowed as “non-verifiable” CPE.
Other Subject Area Requirements:
One (1) hour of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
Other State Policies:
• Must be members of NASBA’s National Registry or a Board approved program, or fall into a special Board category for automatic approval.
• Licensees with an Address of Record outside of Illinois shall be considered compliant with Illinois CPE requirements if the licensee has complied with the CPE requirements of the state in their Address of Record. Principal jurisdiction must require at least 120 hours of CPE over a 3 year period.