Frequently Asked Questions
Our sponsor ID numbers you might need to list on your reporting form are:
- NASBA Registry: 103220
- Texas: 006477
- New York: 001353
- Hawaii: 18013
- Illinois: 158001480
- Florida Ethics Provider: 0003728
- CFP® Professional: 3199
- CTEC® Provider ID: 2071
- IRS: 0MYXB
Western CPE offers credits qualifying for the IRS’s Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP). Our Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) is available on June 1st through December 31st.
Please refer to the compliance section of each course to see which courses qualify with the IRS.
CPE credit measurement is based on NASBA’s Registry guidelines of 1 CPE credit for every 50 minutes.
Certain states or governing bodies still base their CPE credits on 100-minute hours. If you’re uncertain of your state’s or governing body’s specific CPE requirements, your state board of accountancy or governing body can provide you the information you need.
We offer the following delivery methods:
- Conferences—Group live
- In-House Training—Group live (please see Corporate Solutions)
- Webcasts—Group Internet-based
- Self-Study Online, Hard Copy, and Video—QAS Self-Study
Basic and overview level courses do not have prerequisites. Prerequisites for intermediate, advanced, and update level courses are listed in the course details.
Western CPE courses do not require advanced preparation unless otherwise noted in the course details.
In order to be awarded a certificate of completion, you must pass the final exam with a minimum score of 70%. All courses require a 70% score to pass unless otherwise noted. Passing rates vary by state, please contact your state board with questions.
Credits will be submitted to the IRS if the following are all true:
- The course is registered with the IRS (identified by IRS Course Number in the compliance details of the course description);
- The course has been completed by an EA or OTRP, and;
- We have the EA/OTRP’s PTIN.
- Make sure we have your PTIN.
- Double check your PTIN and Name match IRS information (Your PTIN must begin with the letter P followed by eight numeric characters. If your name and PTIN are incorrectly entered, you may still receive a certificate, but your credit will not be reported to the IRS)
- To ensure your CPE hours are reported, contact us with your PTIN number, as well as the first and last name you are registered under with the IRS.
If you are a CFP® professional, you can receive CE credits for all our course offerings that are identified as being “accepted by CFP Board” in course descriptions on this website or in our catalogs. (CFP Board sponsor ID 3199.)
Western CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a member of the registry.
New York and Texas require sponsors to individually register with their states as continuing education sponsors. We are registered sponsors in New York (sponsor ID number 001353 – Ethics) and Texas (sponsor ID number 006477). We have registered with the Texas State Board of Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Texas State Board of Accountancy as to the quality of our CPE programs.
CPE credits in different states may vary; please check with your state board of accountancy.
Western CPE complies with NASBA standards for interactivity; however, the requirements of individual states may vary. Please contact your state board for final ruling.
Because California does not “preapprove” courses from any CPE provider, we have noted the courses on our website that follow the California State Board of Accountancy’s fraud CPE guidelines. This information is located in the compliance section of the course description.
The New Jersey State Board of Accountancy lists only New Jersey approved providers on its website. NASBA providers are not required to register with the state board and thus will not be listed. Western CPE, as a NASBA provider, is accepted by the New Jersey State Board.
The time displayed on certificates of completion is Eastern time.