1 Credits: Personal Development
Seven Habits of Effective CEOs discusses the top seven tasks that a chief executive officer should address in order to be as effective as possible. The suggestions cover a broad range of topics, including the need to focus on areas of competence within a business, why the CEO should foster a culture of attacking problems, and how to focus attention on just a few key decisions. You’ll learn how these recommendations vary from the contents of a typical CEO job description so that you may bring forth positive, long-term forward progress.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Note the difference between being effective and efficient, citing examples of each
- Identify the key elements of a balanced approach, noting ways to adopt this approach as well as subsequent outcomes
- Recognize the level of planning needed so that a CEO can ensure that projects are completed
- Identify steps in the process that a CEO follows in order to focus on the most essential decisions, noting processes that may derail forward progress or result in inefficiencies
- Specify the benefits of having a chief operating officer on staff
July 17, 2023
There are no prerequisites.
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …