2 Credits: Personal Development
Meetings are a fundamental aspect of professional life but can often become unproductive time sinks without effective management. This course offers a comprehensive guide to transforming meetings from time-wasters to productive sessions. It covers the entire spectrum of conducting successful meetings, from understanding the types of attendees and decision-making processes to leading meetings effectively. You’ll learn to handle various challenges, including managing problem employees and choosing the best meeting room layout. The course also provides insights into post-meeting follow-ups, consensus building pitfalls, and dealing with different room sizes. By mastering these skills, you will be able to lead meetings that are not only efficient but also conducive to achieving business objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the types of people who attend meetings.
- Describe the problems caused when too many people attend a meeting.
- Cite the characteristics of the different types of meetings.
- Specify the types of information included in a post-meeting memo.
- Describe the circumstances under which a consensus building process can go wrong.
- Recognize the methods used to mitigate an excessive amount of group uniformity.
- Describe how to deal with differing room sizes.
- Describe the characteristics of the different types of questions.
- Specify the techniques used to deal with recurring meetings, large meetings, and small meetings.
August 2, 2022
There are no prerequisites.
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 300 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …