4 Credits: Personnel/Human Resources
An effective recruiting process can be a significant driver of success, where a business focuses its resources on the best ways to locate highly qualified candidates. The Recruiting and Hiring course shows how to achieve this level of success by discussing the methods that can be used to locate the best candidates, and attracting them with well-written job specifications. The course also describes general hiring principles, preliminary screening activities, how to conduct an interview, and the best way to manage the reference checking process. It also notes how to evaluate candidates, describes the job offer, and addresses how to handle counteroffers. In short, the course is a guide for creating an effective recruiting and hiring system.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the options for not recruiting more employees.
- Cite the steps involved in recruiting for specific people.
- Identify the different types of marketing used in recruiting.
- Identify the methods used to bulk hire employees.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of poaching as a recruiting tactic.
- Identify techniques for extracting information from a resume.
- Identify the situations in which telephone screening might be used.
- List the circumstances under which a high-pressure interview is a reasonable tactic.
- Identify the contents of an offer letter and employment contract.
August 3, 2023
There are no prerequisites.
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …