3 Credits: Personnel/Human Resources
In today’s dynamic organizational environment, the lack of proper coaching and mentoring can lead to underperformance and disengagement among employees. This course tackles the problem by offering foundational concepts and techniques for creating a robust coaching and mentoring program. It agitates the issue by highlighting common gaps in employee development and how these can impede organizational growth. The solution is presented through detailed coverage of coaching models, effective questioning techniques, feedback mechanisms, and mentoring arrangements. This course is an essential toolkit for anyone looking to foster a culture of continuous improvement and performance enhancement within their organization.
Upon completion of this Course, you will be able to:
•Identify the improvement areas targeted by coaching.
• Specify the difference between teaching and coaching.
• Recognize those situations in which coaching may not be accepted within an organization.
• Recall the contents of a coaching session.
• Specify the differences between open and closed questions.
• Identify the methods used to deal with silent employees.
• Recognize the characteristics of successful executive coaches.
• Recall the different types of mistakes that a coach can make during a coaching session.
• Identify the tools that an efficient and effective coach may use.
January 20, 2022
There are no prerequisites.
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 300 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …