2 Credits: Personnel/Human Resources
Properly onboarding new employees can greatly diminish high rates of employee turnover. Employee Onboarding discusses the reasons for a comprehensive onboarding system and describes the contents of such a system. This course covers many types of orientation and the need for ongoing performance reviews and surveys as well as the support of peer advisors, mentors, and coaches at various phases of the onboarding process. Author Steven Bragg also introduces a number of strategies for successful onboarding such as a new employee checklist, competency charts, and detailed discussion items for current department staff.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of a high rate of employee turnover.
- Describe the activities taken before a new hire starts work.
- Cite the discussion items that a hiring manager has with the department staff when a new person is hired.
- Note the desirable traits of a peer advisor.
- Describe when a peer advisor program should be used.
- Recognize the different aspects of departmental training.
- Describe the types of people who should be introduced to a new hire.
- Describe how a competency chart is used.
- Note the contents of a typical new hire portal.
- Recognize the contents of a new employee checklist.
October 24, 2022
There are no prerequisites.
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …