4 Credits: Regulatory Ethics
This course specifically meets the ethics CPE requirements for Florida CPAs. Our Florida Provider Number is 003728 and our Florida Course Number is 0028243.
To specifically meet the requirements for Florida CPAs, the course will devote at least 51% of the time to Florida rules including Chapter 455 F.S. , Chapter 473 F.S. and FL BOA Rules 61H1.
This course is designed to teach you many important aspects of accounting ethics, while making it enjoyable. To do this this Jeff will not only cover the typical topics, but will also challenge you to think outside the box.
In this course, Jeff Sailor will bring his truly unique presentation style to explain the nature of ethics as well as why we have to review our ethics rules on a regular basis.
He will cover the authoritative guidance found in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct in detail. He will also explain how to use the AICPA Conceptual Framework when faced with ethical issues and cover independence requirements of the Code of Professional Conduct with special emphasis on nonattest services.
In addition, Jeff will include a lot of humor and one of his signature video parodies, which is designed to keep you awake and reinforce the material.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Define ethics;
- Describe types of ethics;
- Identify ethical dilemmas;
- Describe the source of accounting ethics;
- Describe the format of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct;
- Identify the areas of ethics rules for accountants in public practice;
- Identify the areas of ethics rules for accountants in business;
- Describe various violations of ethics;
- Apply the Conceptual Framework for ethics issues;
- Identify the seven threats to independence;
- Describe the five categories of independence issues;
- Describe the issues related to nonattest services;
- Describe the topics in FL 455;
- Describe the topics in FL 473;
- Describe the rules on Fl BOA Rules 61H1; and
- Apply the provisions for reporting CPE to the FL DBPR.
December 19, 2022
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Jeff Sailor, CPA, received a master’s degree in accounting from the University of Florida. Upon graduation, he joined the auditing staff at Peat Marwick in Jacksonville, Florida, where he worked on a large number of national accounts. Jeff has managed his own accounting firm in Ocala, Florida, since 1984. During that time, he has also developed unique auditing approaches and auditing software. Since 1992, Jeff has been teaching accounting and auditing courses he developed to combat traditional “boring CPE.” Using a variety of creative teaching methods sprinkled with humorous video spoofs, Jeff is able to combine his in-depth accounting insights …