2 Credits: Auditing
This course clarifies for the auditor every action needed to audit revenue. It describes the characteristics of revenue from an auditing perspective, and then goes on to describe the steps required to audit revenue. Background information concerning revenue recognition is also included, such revenue recognition rules, consignment arrangements, customer acceptance issues, revenue fraud, and revenue controls.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the various accounts that comprise an organization’s revenue.
- Describe the different types of revenue fraud arrangements.
- Cite the methods used by an auditor to audit revenue.
- Identify the circumstances under which a contract does and does not exist.
- Recognize the steps used in the revenue recognition process.
- Describe how and when the expected value method is used.
- Recognize the accounting rules that apply to noncash assets, nonrefundable fees, and customer acceptance.
August 7, 2023
There are no prerequisites
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …