1 Credits: Finance
Every business needs insurance to mitigate its exposure to risk. This course is designed to enhance one’s knowledge of business insurance by providing an overview of the insurance industry, including the operations and distribution systems of insurers. It also notes the more common insurance policy terms and conditions, and how to manage and account for insurance. There is a particular emphasis on managing the cost of insurance.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Recognize the types of insurance offered by insurers.
• Identify the classifications of sellers of insurance products.
• Specify the measurements used to judge the performance of insurers.
• Recognize the conditions needed for a risk to be insurable.
• Identify the reasons for the different clauses used in an insurance contract.
Topics covered in this course:
- Insurance distribution and analysis
- Insurer operations, financial performance, and pricing
- The insurable interest concept
- Claims handling and processing
- Insurance management, claim problems, and administration
- Accounting for insurance
August 8, 2023
There are no prerequisites.
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …