4 Credits: Finance
This course covers both financing and investing in real estate. The first section deals with two major aspects of real estate financing: (1) financial instruments and (2) the means of financing. It examines the financial side of the lending process. The second section deals with investing in real estate. Topics include: the advantages and pitfalls of real estate investing, how to value an income-producing property, how to use leverage and increase return, and buying a home.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to,
- Recognize elements of the loan process;
- Identify transactions covered and disclosures required by the lending laws;
- Identify agencies involved in the mortgage market;
- Recognize the classification and uses of different mortgage types;
- Identify the benefits and disadvantages of buying vs. renting;
- Identify factors of the real estate purchase price and different loan types;
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of real estate investing;
- Recognize the characteristics of REIT’s; and
- Identify ways to calculate returns for real estate investment.
May 15, 2023
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
For many years, Delta CPE LLC has offered a wide variety of continuing education courses for financial professionals. Topics covered by Delta’s courses include accounting, financial management, budgeting, investments, financial statement reporting, business management, IFRS, ethics, valuations, real estate, and business writing. The diversity and breadth of Delta’s course offerings make the company a prolific and unique contributor to the CPE world. Delta’s well-credentialed authors and contributors have also been published in numerous academic and professional journals and quoted by some of the leading financial media outlets.