6 Credits: Finance
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), driven by globalization, long-term markets, and various barriers to growth, often result in new organizations whose financial and strategic options are much improved. Thus, M&A can be a valuable tool by which companies can quickly attempt to increase revenue. This course discusses all facets of M&A and divestitures, such as types, structures, the process, valuation methods, tax implications, essential compliance requirements (e.g. SEC filing, accounting rules), and financial analysis of combinations.
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of mergers;
- Identify the different types of mergers;
- Recognize the benefits of mergers;
- Identify antitrust guidelines used by the Justice Department;
- Recognize Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules regarding mergers;
- Recognize different defensive measures used by target companies;
- Identify advantages and disadvantage of different methods of financing a merger;
- Recognize how different mergers may affect taxation and financial results;
- Recognize how to account for transactions under the acquisition metho;
- Identify different approaches and techniques for merger valuation; and
- Identify different types of divestitures and methods used to divest.
April 19, 2023
There are no prerequisites.
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
For many years, Delta CPE LLC has offered a wide variety of continuing education courses for financial professionals. Topics covered by Delta’s courses include accounting, financial management, budgeting, investments, financial statement reporting, business management, IFRS, ethics, valuations, real estate, and business writing. The diversity and breadth of Delta’s course offerings make the company a prolific and unique contributor to the CPE world. Delta’s well-credentialed authors and contributors have also been published in numerous academic and professional journals and quoted by some of the leading financial media outlets.