1 Credits: Regulatory Ethics
Data is the lifeblood of business. As such, CPA’s must be vigilant in safeguarding this client data according to Federal and State regulatory requirements. This courses covers key considerations CPA’s should be mindful of concerning client data including:
- Requirements for maintaining confidential client information
- Malpractice considerations regarding data
- Client Record Retention requirements
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recall actions that CPAs should undertake to remain compliant with the AICPA Confidential Client Information Rule.
- Recall key considerations that CPAs should make when developing record retention policies.
- Identify key characteristics of a well-designed record retention system.
October 19, 2021
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Frank Castillo is a nationally acclaimed CPA, author & instructor. His body of published work includes over 300 video and text based courses addressing technical and personal challenges modern day accountants face. Frank has traveled extensively across this great country providing tailored consulting services for professional athletes, performing artists, business mavericks, and dedicated licensed professionals.