3 Credits: Accounting
Accounting for not-for-profit entities is a specialized area of GAAP which has recently changed significantly. This course will take an in-depth look at all aspects of this topic from determining the nature of a contribution to presentation and disclosures.
In addition, Jeff will include his unique perspective and humor, including his signature video parodies, which are designed to keep you awake and reinforce the material.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the recent changes to NFP accounting
- Apply the standards to distinguish a contribution from an exchange
- Describe a conditional contribution
- Apply the standards for accounting for a conditional contribution
- Apply the standards to classify a contribution as restricted or unrestricted
- Apply the special provisions with regard to contributed services
- Apply the provisions for collections
- Apply the provisions for presentation of financial statements and disclosures
- Describe issues for special issues
October 29, 2020
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Jeff Sailor, CPA, received a master’s degree in accounting from the University of Florida. Upon graduation, he joined the auditing staff at Peat Marwick in Jacksonville, Florida, where he worked on a large number of national accounts. Jeff has managed his own accounting firm in Ocala, Florida, since 1984. During that time, he has also developed unique auditing approaches and auditing software. Since 1992, Jeff has been teaching accounting and auditing courses he developed to combat traditional “boring CPE.” Using a variety of creative teaching methods sprinkled with humorous video spoofs, Jeff is able to combine his in-depth accounting insights …