3 Credits: Taxes
Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA with essential down-to-earth tax materials in a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to quickly understand and implement tax reform changes and review IRS and Court actions. You’ll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy,
often humorous presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated business tax topics easily understandable. Specific course topics will be announced and updated through year-end.
2021 Federal Tax Update: Payroll & Self Employment, will Identify the timing and impact of key provisions new legislation including:
• ARPA and CAA2021 Expand and Extend some Payroll Credits
• Employee Payroll Tax Deferral Payback Extended through Dec. 31, 2021
• Sick Pay and Family Leave Credits Available through Sep. 30, 2021,
• Cannabis sales taxed
• Limitation on business interest deduction is 30% of
• Business restaurant meals 100% deductible
• Depreciation changes and luxury auto depreciation updated
• QBI Deduction stays the same
• Avoiding Obamacare form 226-j penalties
• Employee Retention Credit Expanded and Extended to Sep. 30, 2021
• FSA Rules Eased for 2020 and 2021
• COBRA Subsidies Available for up to Six Months in 2021
• Information Return Penalties Increased
• E-file requirements changed for Forms W-2 and 1099
• Form 1099-NEC replaces some Forms 1099-MISC
• Wages paid to minor children can help with tax planning and QBI
• Trust Fund penalty cases show danger of diverting payroll taxes to operating expenses
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify characteristics of new legislation
• Cite the general rules and regulations
• Understand ARPA and CAA2021
• Understand Sick Pay and Family Leave Credits
• Identify Employee Retention Credit expiring provision and changes.
• Recognize E-file requirements
• Summarize and identify, wages paid to minor children
• Prepare Form 1099-NEC
• Recognize, Trust Fund penalty cases
• Understand federal changes and new rulings.
November 11, 2021
There are no prerequisites.
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-U-01906-21-S
IRS Federal Tax Update Credits: 3
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1669
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits: 3
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Sharon Kreider, CPA, has helped more than 15,000 California tax preparers annually get ready for tax season. She also presents regularly for the AICPA, the California Society of Enrolled Agents, CCH Audio, and Western CPE. You’ll benefit from the detailed, hands-on tax knowledge Sharon will share with you—knowledge she gained through her extremely busy, high-income tax practice in Silicon Valley. With her dynamic presentation style, Sharon will demystify complex individual and business tax legislation. She’s a national lecturer for business and professional groups and consistently receives outstanding evaluations. In 2014, she was awarded the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award …
Vern Hoven, CPA, MT, is one of America’s premier tax presenters and speaks to over 100 groups a year on a variety of tax topics. He teaches at Western CPE Federal Tax Update seminars and conferences and produces self-study and webcasts courses as well. Vern consistently receives outstanding evaluations and has won numerous teaching awards, including the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award for Excellence in Continuing Education. Vern is the author of the best-selling Real Estate Investor’s Tax Guide and a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in newspapers. His presentation skills have earned him the coveted Certified Speaking …