2 Credits: Accounting
The statement of cash flows is the most difficult of the financial statements to prepare. This course makes the task easier by carefully defining each line item in the statement, noting the differing forms of allowable presentation, and illustrating how the statement can be assembled. The course also notes a multitude of special situations that may apply to one’s specific circumstances. As an added bonus, The Statement of Cash Flows describes several key cash flow analyses, including how to interpret the statement.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the classifications used within the statement of cash flows.
- Note the differences between the direct and indirect methods of presentation.
- Recognize the concepts of grouping and clustering information in the statement of cash flows.
- Note the origins of the information appearing in the statement of cash flows.
- Identify the treatment of acquisitions and foreign currency events in the statement of cash flows.
- Recognize the calculations used to compile ratios related to cash flows and the situations in which these measurements are most useful.
May 22, 2023
There are no prerequisites.
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …