2 Credits: Accounting
Effective Collections covers specific tactics that can be used to obtain payment on overdue invoices, no matter why the customer has been delaying payment. These tactics range from friendlier techniques designed to retain relations with customers to more aggressive ones that can be used when the relationship between the parties are harmed or terminated (e.g. the use of collection agencies, small claims court, and involuntary bankruptcy). In this course, author Steven Bragg provides the accountant a complete set of tools for how to collect these overdue invoices.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the different types of collection tactics.
- Specify the situations in which A-B testing can be applied to collections.
- Describe how a postdated check should be handled.
- Cite the types of fee arrangements used with collection agencies.
- Specify the alternative areas of expertise that some collection agencies have developed.
- Describe the criteria that can be used to select a collection agency.
- Cite the legal techniques that can be used to gain a more rapid resolution of a lawsuit.
- Specify the circumstances under which litigation should or should not be pursued.
- Recognize the situations in which a litigation solution is indicated.
August 10, 2023
There are no prerequisites.
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, is a full-time book and course author who has written more than 250 business books and courses. He provides Western CPE with self-study courses in the areas of accounting and finance, with an emphasis on the practical application of accounting standards and management techniques. A sampling of his courses include the The New Controller Guidebook, The GAAP Guidebook, Accountants’ Guidebook, and Closing the Books: An Accountant’s Guide. He also manages the Accounting Best Practices podcast. Steven has been the CFO or controller of both public and private companies and has been a consulting manager with Ernst & Young and …