AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR
FEDERAL & CALIFORNIA TAX UPDATE
Get the Industry's Best Tax Update without Leaving Home
Get the full benefit of a Federal and California Tax Update from your office or home when you choose Western CPE’s Federal Tax Update Webcast. You’ll see and hear nationally recognized tax experts, Sharon Kreider and Karen Brosi, present the latest information on critical changes and rulings you need to know. Ask questions of our expert moderator for a simulated classroom experience.
YOU'LL GET AN IN-DEPTH LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING:
- Real estate and passive losses
- IRAs and pensions, and gift and estate issues
- Sharon and Karen will also guide you through everything you need to know this year for business, corporate, government, and nonprofit taxes.
EXPERIENCE FLEXIBILITY WITHOUT SACRIFICING QUALITY
- Federal Tax Updates are presented in 4-hour sessions.
- Two sessions focus on Individual Tax
- Two sessions focus on Business
Features and Benefits
2X The Tax Content
- Two Times More Tax Content Than Other Providers Offer
- Industry-Leading 5-Star Customer Reviews
- Created and Written by Renowned Tax Experts, Sharon Kreider, Karen Brosi, and guest Experts
Live instruction Online
- See and hear the instructor and their teaching slides
- Online chat. Ask questions of expert moderators
- NO exam requirement. Simply follow attendance prompts
- Receive your certificate upon completion
TAX UPDATE MANUAL INCLUDED
- The Most Comprehensive, Informative FEDERAL & CALIFORNIA TAX UPDATE in the Industry.
- Receive a Fully-Linked, PDF copy of our 2020-2021 Federal & California Tax Update Manual, when you complete your purchase
- This easy-to-use resource will support your success, not just in the course, but throughout the tax season.
Webcast Starts Nov 20th
DOWLOAD THE TAX UPDATE MANUAL IMMEDIATELY AFTER PURCHASE
Ask questions of expert moderators in real-time.
Monday – Saturday,
8am – 8pm ET
Organize your learning time without missing critical information.
No Exam Requirements
Simply check in throughout the webcast to verify your attendance.
Replicated Live Learning
See and hear the highest-quality instructors and their teaching slides.
A Printable Certificate
Receive your certificate of completion as soon as you finish.
Individual Tax Highlights
Timing and impact of new key provisions in the CARES Act
IRA transfers to charity complications because of SECURE
Key individual provisions including standard and itemized deduction and tax credit updates, and revisions to the 2020 Form 1040
Review of important real estate issues including foreclosure
Requirements for various tax credits and rebate reconciliation applicable to individual taxpayers.
Recent cases and rulings highlighting IRS audit issues on individual returns
IRA and retirement plan issues updated for SECURE
Business Tax Highlights
Key provisions of new legislation passed to assist businesses during the coronavirus shut down
Avoidance of huge Obamacare Form 226-J penalties
Problems with Paycheck Protection Program Loan forgiveness
Review of 2020 clarifications to the QBI deduction including Forms 8995 and 8995-A
CARES retroactive changes to 163(j) interest deduction, Net Operating Losses, and §461(l) excess business losses
CARES Act payroll credits and deferrals
Discussion of the pros and cons of the opportunity zone fund investment
Details of the expanded Sick leave and family leave credits
Comparison of the §179 and the bonus depreciation deduction
California Tax Highlights
California legislation and Covid-19
Residency and non-residency issues
Conformity and 2020 federal tax law changes
Meet the Experts
SHARON KREIDER, CPA
Sharon Kreider, CPA is the most popular federal tax update seminar instructor in California. For each of the past 19 years, Sharon has helped more than 15,000 California tax preparers get ready for tax season. In addition to instructing at Western CPE tax seminars, she also presents regularly for the AICPA, the California Society of Enrolled Agents, and A.G. Edwards. You’ll benefit from the detailed, hands-on tax knowledge Sharon Kreider will share with you—knowledge she gained through her extremely busy, high-income tax practice in Silicon Valley. With her dynamic presentation style, Sharon Kreider will demystify complex individual and business tax legislation. After joining Sharon Kreider at this two-day seminar, you’ll be prepared for a successful tax season!
KAREN BROSI, CFP, EA
Karen Brosi, CFP, EA is one of the most popular instructors on California tax law, presents comprehensive and relevant information at this tax update seminar. Her background as a CFP professional and as a tax preparer for the wealthy makes her particularly effective in the tax and financial planning arenas. Karen Brosi will teach you how to avoid tax minefields with her extensive planning checklists and practical tips. Besides being one of the most prominent California tax update instructors, she is a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in the print media, including BusinessWeek. Karen Brosi’s powerful real-life presentations pinpoint critical federal and state tax areas, teaching you what you need to know to optimally assist your clients.