2 Credits: Taxes
Includes a free copy of the author’s book:
The IRA and Retirement Plan Owner’s Guide to Beating the New Death Tax: 6 Proven Strategies to Protect Your Family from The SECURE Act
Hard Copy orders include a shipping rebate. Please select the “Online” version if you would like to decline the free book.
Note: Bonus CPE purchases are excluded from free shipping.
Your and your client’s IRAs and retirement plans are at risk of accelerated taxation.
The SECURE Act killed the Stretch IRA—the greatest tax break for IRA owners in U.S. history. Subject to exceptions, your heirs will not be able to defer taxes on inherited IRA benefits over their lifetime but will be required to pay taxes within 10 years of your death.
The inauguration of Joe Biden, a Democratic Congress, the $1.9 trillion and other pandemic relief packages, and the Sunset Provisions of The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 all point to massive income tax increases for IRA and retirement plan owners. How can you protect yourself, your family, and your clients?
Does your estate plan include traditional documents that “fix in stone” the distribution of your assets to your heirs? If so, then your heirs are not likely to get the full benefit of your legacy. Updating wills and trusts for greater flexibility will allow your surviving spouse nine months after your death to determine the best strategies.
This course will include strategies to help ensure financial security for your surviving spouse and your heirs after you pass.
What You’ll Learn:
- The SECURE Act triggers a massive income tax acceleration on your IRAs after you pass. Learn strategies to minimize the negative impact of the SECURE Act.
- Developing the best estate plan for your family.
- Why leaving your IRA to a Charitable Remainder Trust could be more beneficial to your heirs than leaving your IRA to them outright.
- The Sunset Provisions of the TC&J Act of 2017 will not only increase income tax rates but also will dramatically lower the federal estate tax exemption. The strategies presented will potentially not only save income taxes, but also estate taxes.
- Who Gets What? By simply switching who gets what assets, you can create enormous tax savings:
- Tax-savvy charitable bequests.
- Strategies that can save hundreds of thousands of dollars if the children of the IRA owner are in different tax brackets.
- Second spouse and children from prior marriage.
- Gifting strategies combined with transferring assets from the taxable world to the tax-free world.
- And much more.
September 7, 2023
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-T-02246-22-S
IRS Federal Tax Law Credits: 2
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1830
CTEC Federal Tax Law Credits: 2
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
James Lange’s tax and estate planning strategies have been endorsed by The Wall Street Journal (36 times). He wrote 8 best-selling books including his newest book, The IRA and Retirement Plan Owner’s Guide to Beating the New Death Tax: 6 Proven Strategies to Protect Your Family from The SECURE Act. Jim’s RIA oversees $750 million under management. Jim’s law firm has completed 2,857 estate plans includes wills, trusts, and beneficiary designations of IRAs and retirement plans. Jim’s CPA firm still prepares 760 tax returns annually. Jim wrote the first peer-reviewed article regarding Roth IRA conversions in 1998 published in The …
Retiring Outside the US: Owning Foreign Rental Real Estate: Self-Study VideoDavid F. Jarmusz, CPA, JD, LLM
Top 10 Tax Cases of 2022 with Tony Nitti and Damien MartinDamien Martin, CPA, MST & Tony Nitti, CPA, MST
S Corp A-Z – Part 1 (Self Study Video)Robert “Chris” Province, CPA