6 Credits: Taxes
Event Date: June 21, 2023 7:30 am
COST SEGREGATION (2 HRS)
In this course, we go over cost segregation studies and their many benefits, how they are performed, and the frequent questions that arise when using these reports. We also cover other additional benefits of cost segregation including bonus depreciation, catch-up depreciation, reduced recapture, and partial asset dispositions.
§179D, §45L ENERGY CREDITS (1 HR)
Our presentation covers two of the most overlooked tax savings opportunities, the §179(D) energy deduction and §45L energy credit. We touch on qualifications, strategies for implementation, recent updates, and case study examples.
T.A.G. BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY ( 1HR)
This course provides an overview of best practices to consider when approaching business personal property tax administration. Throughout the session we will review critical elements to successfully maintain compliance while identifying state-by-state opportunities to mitigate excessive property valuations and capture tax savings.
INCREASING REVENUE USING SPECIALTY TAX SERVICES ( 1HR)
This course provides details on how to successfully implement different specialty tax services to generate additional income and increase your firm’s revenue. We will go over different important documents that are necessary to understand the process and take you through relevant case studies.
MARKETING YOUR CPA FIRM ( 1HR)
Our presentation covers the importance of marketing your CPA firm correctly. It can be used to attract the attention of your ideal client and generate new leads. We will also touch on your digital footprint and how social media can be a useful tool in marketing to your clientele, as well as how rebranding/refocusing can help your firm stand apart from others.
- Discern what Cost Segregation is, and understand how personal property is determined;
- Determine the 13 principal elements of a quality study;
- Understand Depreciation including:
- Property classifications
- Bonus & super bonus depreciation
- Have a knowledge of Bonus benefits like:
- Catch-up benefit
- 1031 exchange
- Partial Disposition
§179(D) TAX DEDUCTION AND §45L TAX CREDIT:
- Review the § 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction and its opportunities;
- §45L Energy Efficient Home Credits benefits and strategies;
- Inflation Reduction Act’s changes to these tax savings opportunities;
TAG (TAX ADVISORS GROUP) BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY:
- Understand what is required to file, appeal, and protest business personal property taxes;
- Know the opportunity available to pursue business personal property tax reduction state-by-state;
- Be aware of the business personal property tax trends that can impact overall tax liability;
INCREASING REVENUE USING SPECIALTY TAX SERVICES:
- Implement cost segregation strategies and know what to look for, like:
- Schedule E
- Depreciation Schedule
- Understand why New Construction projects can build revenue;
- Identify why specialization is important;
MARKETING YOUR CPA FIRM:
- Identify why Marketing matters;
- Learn wow to attract your ideal client;
- Implement social media strategies in your firm to build your digital visibility and footprint; and
- Understanding when to rebrand and refocus to target your chosen demographic.
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-T-02352-23-I
IRS Federal Tax Law Credits: 6
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 315002
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1916
CTEC Federal Tax Law Credits: 6
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Cost Segregation Authority was first established in 2006 at the infancy of modern cost segregation services. It was founded in large part by a father and son team who had spent their career in the construction industry and became passionate about the tax-saving strategies associated with real estate investments. This family culture has stayed with us for over a decade and we endeavor to keep it this way for generations. A key milestone in our growth was the separation from a CPA firm in 2015. Our practice does one thing only—cost segregation. You will find most cost segregation firms are …