Availability: 102 in stock
4 Credits: Computer Software & Applications
2 Credits: Auditing
Event Date: October 27, 2023 7:30 am
Today’s accounting and financial professionals need leading-edge technologies to thrive in a high-speed economy. Unfortunately, many still use tools that first appeared over a decade ago, or are mired in manual processes. This practice leads to inefficiency, fraud, poor decisions, and ineffective communication and collaboration.
Participate in this session to learn about today’s best accounting and finance tech tools, how to take advantage of them, and the benefits they provide. You’ll be amazed at what is available, how easy implementing these can be, and the benefits they offer.
- Using data analytics for better decisions
- Business intelligence platforms
- Automating business processes
- Integrating data across the organization
- Communication and collaboration tools
- Key security technologies
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between data analytics and business intelligence and list examples of each;
- Identify at least three opportunities for automating transaction flows, including approvals, in any organization;
- List examples of the benefits of data integration and specific tools you and your team can use to facilitate data integration efforts;
- Cite examples of technology to facilitate intra-team communication and collaboration efforts and the related benefits; and
- List at least three security concerns facing businesses and provide examples of solutions to address these risks.
Fundamental understanding of accounting and finance-related technology
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
K2’s goal is to produce and deliver the highest quality technology seminars and conferences available to business professionals. We make every effort to maintain a high level of integrity, family values, and friendship among all involved. Instructors: Randolph P. (Randy) Johnston, MCS Thomas G. (Tommy) Stephens, Jr., CPA, CITP, CGMA Brian F. Tankersley, CPA, CGMA, CITP Lawrence A. (Mac) McClelland, MBA, JD Ward Blatch