Availability: 69 in stock
6 Credits: Auditing
Event Date: July 14, 2022 7:30 am
Module 3: A Nuts-and-Bolts overview of Audit Fundamentals.
This 2-hour module will cover:
- The Audit Lifecycle overview including risk assessment procedures, risk assessment fundamentals, tests of controls, analytics and tests of details
- The requirements, procedures, report and letters for audits
- Best practices in audit workpaper documentation
- Timely and practical advice for small business audits in everyday language
Module 4: Catch the Deception if you Can!
Prevention & Detection of Fraudulent Financial Reporting and Misappropriation of Assets with a fun and easy approach.
This 4-hour module will cover:
- Identifying the nature and characteristics of fraud
- Distinguishing the differences between fraudulent financial reporting and misappropriation of assets
- Investigating why fraud occurs and who commits it
- Listing the professional roles and responsibilities related to fraud detection
- Applying common procedures performed to facilitate fraud detection
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply the latest audit standards.
- Cite and apply the latest compilation, preparation, and review standards.
- Apply the provisions for firm quality management
- Identify peer review problem areas.
- Discuss the changing paradigm of accounting and analytics for CPAs today
- Cite and apply better practice skills
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Sunish Mehta, experienced CPA, CGMA, CPE Instructor and thought leader. As founder and principal of Mindful-CPA Mindful-PRO, Sunish has over 25 years’ experience. He leads training courses in Accounting, Auditing, Leadership & Management and Mindfulness. In addition, Sunish is a contributing Instructor for the UCLA Certification Program in Accounting where he is an adjunct lecturer. Professional Highlights: Inner MBA – New York University 2021. BS in Accounting & Business Admin – California State University, Northridge 1993 Independent Consultant & Trainer with Thomson Reuters, 20-20 Services LLC, Spidell Education with 12 years of experience and going…. Over 15 years with EY, …