6 Credits: Taxes
Event Date: July 13, 2021 7:30 am
- American Rescue Plan Extends Some Provisions
- Consolidated Appropriations Act Makes Changes to PPP Loan Forgiveness
- Consolidated Appropriations Act Provides the Second Round of PPP Loans
- Simplified PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Released for PPP Loans of $150,000 or Less
- Excess Business Loss Limit Reinstated and Extended
- NOL Carrybacks Eased
- Qualified Improvement Property “Glitch” Fixed
- Cannabis Sales Taxed
- Business Interest Deductions Limited
- Business (Restaurant) Meals 100% Deductible
- Depreciation Changes and Luxury Auto Depreciation Updated
- QBI Deduction Stays the Same
- Avoid Obamacare Form 226-J Penalties
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Convey details of the American Rescue Plan and Consolidated Appropriations Act.
- Identify changes to the PPP Loan Forgiveness and Second Round of PPP Loans.
- Recognize opportunities to use business credits.
- Summarize the different types of business retirement plans, assessing contribution limits, elective deferral limitations, and prohibited transactions.
- Compare qualified Roth contribution plans, SEPs, SIMPLE IRAs, and 401(k) plans, identifying the rules on loans to participants and hardship distribution rules to ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Discuss income subject to self-employment tax and withholding from wages, and assess the impact of various withholding and wages issues.
- Determine the difference between an independent contractor and an employee and examine subsequent reporting requirements.
- Prepare federal tax returns for C corporations.
- Prepare federal tax returns for S corporations.
- Understand federal changes and new rulings.
- Provide tax services for clients based on IRS practice and procedure provisions.
- Describe new developments in IRS policies and procedures.
- Identify the requirements of filing an offer in compromise (OIC).
Experience preparing business tax returns.
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-U-01794-21-I
IRS Federal Tax Update Credits: 6
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 292826
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1584
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits: 6
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Karen Brosi, CFP, EA, has an extensive California tax practice, advising clients in individual tax and family wealth planning, specializing in complex individual income tax matters and all types of securities transactions. Her background as a CFP and as a tax preparer for the wealthy makes her particularly effective in the tax and financial planning arenas. Karen teaches tax professionals how to avoid tax minefields with her extensive planning checklists and practical tips. Besides being one of the most prominent California tax update instructors, she’s a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in print media, such as Bloomberg Businessweek. Karen’s powerful real-life …