Federal Tax Update
2020 - 2021
Get the Industry's Best Tax Update without Leaving Home
Get the full benefit of a Federal Tax Update from your office or home when you choose Western CPE’s Federal Tax Update Webcast. You’ll see and hear nationally recognized tax experts, Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider, present the very latest information on critical changes and rulings you need to know. Ask questions of our expert moderator for a simulated classroom experience.
You will get an in-depth look at real estate and passive losses, IRAs and pensions, and gift and estate issues. Vern will also guide you through everything you need to know this year for business, corporate, government and nonprofit taxes.
Experience the flexibility of webcasts without sacrificing quality. Federal Tax Updates are presented in 4-hour sessions. Two sessions focus on Individual Tax and two sessions focus on Business.
Get the most comprehensive, informative FEDERAL TAX UPDATE in the industry. Led by renowned tax expert, Vern Hoven, Western CPE’s tax update seminars, live webcasts, and self-study CPE options provide you with the insight and information you need in formats that meet the demands of your already full schedule.
Live Instruction Online
- See and hear the instructor and their teaching slides
- Online chat. Ask questions of expert moderators
- NO exam requirement. Simply follow attendance prompts
- Receive your certificate upon completion
Tax Update PDF Manual Included
Receive a fully-linked, PDF copy of our 2020-2021 Federal Tax Update Manual, when you purchase the Federal Tax Update Webcast.
This easy-to-use resource will support your success, not just in the course, but throughout the tax season.
Individual Tax Highlights
- Timing and impact of new key provisions in the CARES Act
- Key individual provisions including standard and itemized deduction and tax credit updates, and revisions to the 2020 Form 1040
- Requirements for various tax credits and rebate reconciliation applicable to individual taxpayers.
- IRA issues including SECURE legislation
- IRA transfers to charity complicated by SECURE
- Review of important real estate issues including foreclosure
- Recent cases and rulings highlighting IRS audit issues on individual returns
Business Tax Highlights
- Key provisions of new legislation passed to assist businesses during the coronavirus shut down
- Problems with Paycheck Protection Program Loan forgiveness
- CARES retroactive changes to 163(j) interest deduction, Net Operating Losses, and §461(l) excess business losses
- Discussion of the pros and cons of the opportunity zone fund investment
- Comparison of the §179 and the bonus depreciation deduction
- Avoidance of huge Obamacare Form 226-J penalties
- Review of 2020 clarifications to the QBI deduction including Forms 8995 and 8995-A
- CARES Act payroll credits and deferrals
- Details of the expanded Sick leave and family leave credits
To introduce WCPE’s new webcast platform and to let you know that our quality program will be available in a convenient manner, we are offering pre-registration for our 2020-2021 Fall Federal Tax Update webcast at a 25% discount
Sale Ends July 30th
MEET OUR EXPERT
Vern Hoven, CPA, MT, is one of America’s premier tax presenters and speaks to over 100 groups a year on a variety of tax topics. He teaches at Western CPE Federal Tax Update seminars and conferences and also produces self-study and webcasts courses. Vern consistently receives outstanding evaluations and has won numerous teaching awards.
Vern is the author of the best-selling Real Estate Investor’s Tax Guide and a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in newspapers. Vern practiced in the public, governmental, and corporate accounting fields before starting his own public accounting practice in 1973, a firm that grew to one of the largest in western Montana. In 1985, he started his present tax consulting practice. CPA Magazine recognized Vern as one of the top 50 IRS representation practitioners in 2008.