8 Credits: Taxes
America’s #1 Federal Tax Update – Business edition is a 2-part collection focused on combining the real-life experience of practicing CPAs with all the latest legislative developments enabling participants to quickly understand and implement tax reform changes for their client’s Business preparations. Western CPE provides you the essential knowledge by reviewing IRS, Congressional, and Judicial actions over the past year in a high-energy, often humorous presentation style. By using real-life experiences to break down complicated tax topics, Western CPE’s Federal Tax Update proves you can get smart explanations without dying of boredom or getting lost in overly-complicated explanations. You’ll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by our renowned tax experts including Western CPE’s very own Sharon Kreider. In addition, the digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies.
- Cite general rules and regulations for preparation of business returns such as C corporations and S corporations.
- Cite current thresholds and phase-outs for key provisions for 2022; limitations for contributions, distributions, and conversions; as well as benefits and drawbacks of Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Limited Liability Companies (LLCs).
- Describe new developments in IRS policies and procedures.
- Identify characteristics of new legislation by being able to cite the timing and impact of key provisions within legislation including: The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (which includes COVID-Related Tax Relief Act of 2020, Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Business, Nonprofits, and Venues Act of 2020, and Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020), Build Back Better Act, American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, The Cares Act, SECURE Act, TCJA and other issuances.
- Identify requirements for various tax credits applicable to individual taxpayers and characteristics of new legislation passed to assist businesses.
November 4, 2022
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-U-02260-22-O
IRS Federal Tax Update Credits: 4
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 308585
IRS Course Number (Part 2): 0MYXB-U-02261-22-O
IRS Federal Tax Update Credits (Part 2): 4
CFP Course Number (Part 2): 308586
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1837
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits: 4
CTEC Course Number (Part 2): 2071-CE-1838
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits (Part 2): 4
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Sharon Kreider, CPA, has helped more than 15,000 California tax preparers annually get ready for tax season. She also presents regularly for the AICPA, the California Society of Enrolled Agents, CCH Audio, and Western CPE. You’ll benefit from the detailed, hands-on tax knowledge Sharon will share with you—knowledge she gained through her extremely busy, high-income tax practice in Silicon Valley. With her dynamic presentation style, Sharon will demystify complex individual and business tax legislation. She’s a national lecturer for business and professional groups and consistently receives outstanding evaluations. In 2014, she was awarded the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award …