America’s most comprehensive California Federal Tax Update – Business edition cites the latest legislative developments while clarifying which tax reforms pertain to California tax practitioners. Combining the real-life experience of practicing CPAs with cutting-edge tax planning strategies, Western CPE’s provides you essential knowledge by reviewing IRS, Congressional, and Judicial actions over the past year. Our intensive update will enable participants to quickly understand and implement tax reform changes for their client’s Business preparations. Each tax season brings new challenges, and tax professionals in California experience more complexity. That’s why thousands of California Tax Professionals turn to Western CPE to get an update that helps them win every day of tax season. Be prepared for California’s unique tax fights and always have the answers for your clients. Whether you’re a new Tax CPA or Expert Tax Advisor, you’ll receive critical updates and in-depth explanations behind the changes Congress and the IRS make. You’ll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by our renowned tax experts. In addition, the digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. California has its own unique headaches, and its financial professionals still need to deal with the full weight of all the Federal Tax danger zones. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge, California-specific, tax planning strategies.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of new legislation, and which pertain to California, by being able to cite the timing and impact of key provisions within legislation including: The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (which includes COVID-Related Tax Relief Act of 2020, Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Business, Nonprofits, and Venues Act of 2020, and Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020), Build Back Better Act, American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, The Cares Act, SECURE Act, TCJA and other issuances.
- Identify requirements for various tax credits and characteristics of new legislation passed to assist businesses. Help your clients avoid California Tax problems with FTB and be able to explain why more businesses will owe California taxes.
- Cite general rules and regulations for preparation of business returns and breeze through California Tax Basis work for LLCs and partnerships.
- Cite current thresholds and phase-outs for key provisions for 2023; limitations for contributions, distributions, and conversions; requirements for real estate rentals for both small investors and real estate professionals; as well as benefits and drawbacks of Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Describe new developments in IRS policies and procedures.
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Karen Brosi, CFP, EA, has an extensive California tax practice, advising clients in individual tax and family wealth planning, specializing in complex individual income tax matters and all types of securities transactions. Her background as a CFP and as a tax preparer for the wealthy makes her particularly effective in the tax and financial planning arenas. Karen teaches tax professionals how to avoid tax minefields with her extensive planning checklists and practical tips. Besides being one of the most prominent California tax update instructors, she’s a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in print media, such as Bloomberg Businessweek. Karen’s powerful real-life …
Sharon Kreider, CPA, has helped more than 15,000 California tax preparers annually get ready for tax season. She also presents regularly for the AICPA, the California Society of Enrolled Agents, CCH Audio, and Western CPE. You’ll benefit from the detailed, hands-on tax knowledge Sharon will share with you—knowledge she gained through her extremely busy, high-income tax practice in Silicon Valley. With her dynamic presentation style, Sharon will demystify complex individual and business tax legislation. She’s a national lecturer for business and professional groups and consistently receives outstanding evaluations. In 2014, she was awarded the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award …