4 Credits: Accounting
This course provides an overview of the statement of cash flows, one of the most important, if not the most important, financial statements prepared by an entity, as well as other key financial statement disclosure topics. Chapter 1 focuses on cash flow reporting and Chapter 2 focuses on disclosure requirements related to revenue recognition, leasing, business combinations, CECL, and segments. While there may not be direct linkage among cash flow and these disclosure topics, this course is intended to provide an overview of several of the key areas.
- List the different methods used for presenting the statement of cash flows;
- Differentiate between operating, financing, and investingactivities in the statement of cash flows;
- Recognize how a statement of cash flows is prepared using the indirect method;
- Identify cash flow classificationfor various types of transactions;
- Recognize disclosuresrequirements with respect to cash flow transactions;
- Identify disclosure requirements related to revenue from contracts with customers;
- Recognize both qualitative and quantitative disclosure requirementsfor both lessees and lessors;
- Identify disclosures related to business combination transactions;
- Recognize disclosure requirements based on the CECL standard; and
- Differentiate between disclosures for reportable segments vs. entity-wide.
October 19, 2022
There are no prerequisites.
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Kelen is a recognized author and reviewer of CPE courses and has authored over 120 courses (300+ CPE credit hours) covering a range of accounting, auditing, financial reporting, regulatory, and ethics topics. His courses are available for purchase from many online CPE providers including the AICPA. Kelen also remained involved in CPA exam content development for nearly 10 years and authored more than a thousand multiple choice questions for various sections of the CPA exam. He also serves as an Editorial Advisor for the AICPA’s “Journal of Accountancy”. Kelen has nearly 20 years of progressive finance and accounting experience. He …