5 Credits: Accounting
This course provides an overview of two of the most popular SEC topics which result in comment letters from the SEC. This includes a discussion of management’s discussion and analysis (MD&A) as well as Non-GAAP Financial Measures. These two areas consistently rank in the Top 10 for the most frequent comment letters issued to public companies by the SEC.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the SEC Regulation applicable to MD&A
• Recognize the primary objective and focus areas related to MD&A
• Identify key information that should be included within a company’s MD&A
• Recognize the types of transactions that should be discussed in MD&A
• Identify methods to enhance the presentation of MD&A
• Differentiate between a GAAP financial measure and a non-GAAP financial measure
• Recognize examples of different types of non-GAAP financial measures
• Identify which SEC guidance is applicable to different types of non-GAAP financial measures
• Recognize disclosures within the scope of Regulation G
• Identify key requirements included within both Regulation G and Regulation S-K related to these measures
May 4, 2022
There are no prerequisites.
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Kelen is a recognized author and reviewer of CPE courses and has authored over 120 courses (300+ CPE credit hours) covering a range of accounting, auditing, financial reporting, regulatory, and ethics topics. His courses are available for purchase from many online CPE providers including the AICPA. Kelen also remained involved in CPA exam content development for nearly 10 years and authored more than a thousand multiple choice questions for various sections of the CPA exam. He also serves as an Editorial Advisor for the AICPA’s “Journal of Accountancy”. Kelen has nearly 20 years of progressive finance and accounting experience. He …