2 Credits: Information Technology
Blockchain and other emerging technologies will affect every industry and profession. For example, some products have already implemented machine learning and artificial intelligence to help you be more effective. Further, process automation tools are now available for small and mid-sized businesses. In this ‘how-to” session, you will learn about emerging technologies that directly affect business professionals. While many emerging technologies are not yet ready for prime-time, some of them are. With the cookbook approach used in this session, you will see how tools available now can help you and your team be more productive, efficient, and effective.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- List major emerging technology trends and identify their importance as it relates to accounting
- Illustrate how Robotic Process Automation is changing the landscape of traditional accounting and financial functions
- Identify major updates, strategies, and opportunities that include artificial intelligence and machine learning from leading software publishers
- Differentiate between the most useful emerging technology tools and implement practical solutions to take advantage of these opportunities
- Assess the potential impact of implementing an emerging technology strategy to improve financial and operational reporting
- Identify leading tools available today and the importance of facilitating the adoption of emerging technologies in your organization
September 12, 2022
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Randolph P. (Randy) Johnston is a nationally recognized educator, consultant, and writer with over 30 years’ experience in strategic technology planning, accounting software selection, paperless systems, systems and network integration, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, business development and management, process engineering and outsourced managed services. A consultant for high profile technology vendors, Randy delivers national seminars to CPAs, business groups, and IT leaders on technologies in accounting, healthcare, and banking. He also creates articles on over 30 technology topics including CPA firm technology, cloud technology, business continuity, accounting software, and business strategies leveraging technology. Accounting Today listed Randy as one …
Faces of Fraud: Stay Safe from the Latest ThreatsJeff LanzaWebcast
Working Remotely: The New NormalK2 Enterprises (Thomas G. (Tommy) Stephens, Jr., CPA, CITP, CGMA)Webcast
Simple Safeguards: Stay Safe from Identity Theft and CybercrimeJeff LanzaWebcast