2020 Federal Tax Update: Retirement Plans - Including SECURE Act and Coronavirus Updates
General Experience in Tax Preperation.
$87.00 – $107.00
Combining real-life experiences of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials, this authoritative self-study course will provide you with the most recent and up-to date tax changes. You’ll receive answers to your tax questions in an accessible, easy-to-read manual of the latest federal legislative issues.
Course highlights include the following:
• CARES Act Makes Three Changes in Response to Coronavirus
• SECURE Act Changes 2020 Retirement and IRA Rules
• Plan Loan Rollover Dates Changed
• Hardship Withdrawal Rules Revised
• Inflation Adjustments Minimal for 2020
• MEP Rules Are Changed by DOL
• Self-Directed IRAs Get More Attention
• Self-Certification for Missed 60-Day Rollover Helps Confused Clients
• Prohibited Transactions Lose Taxpayer IRA Bankruptcy Protection
• Prohibited Transactions Make Rollover Taxable
Vern Hoven, CPA, MT, is one of America’s premier tax presenters and speaks to over 100 groups a year on a variety of tax topics. He teaches at Western CPE Federal Tax Update seminars and conferences and produces self-study and webcasts courses as well. Vern consistently receives outstanding evaluations and has won numerous teaching awards, including the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award for Excellence in Continuing Education. Vern is the author of the best-selling Real Estate Investor’s Tax Guide and a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in newspapers. His presentation skills have earned him the coveted Certified Speaking …
Sharon Kreider, CPA, has helped more than 15,000 California tax preparers annually get ready for tax season. She also presents regularly for the AICPA, the California Society of Enrolled Agents, CCH Audio, and Western CPE. You’ll benefit from the detailed, hands-on tax knowledge Sharon will share with you—knowledge she gained through her extremely busy, high-income tax practice in Silicon Valley. With her dynamic presentation style, Sharon will demystify complex individual and business tax legislation. She’s a national lecturer for business and professional groups and consistently receives outstanding evaluations. In 2014, she was awarded the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award …
May 5, 2020
Number of Pages
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-U-01557-20-S
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1453
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits: 3
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify changes to tax law as a result of The Cares Act and The Secure Act.
• Identify the impact to IRAs and rollovers as a result of TCJA.
• Cite characteristics of various different retirement plans and account types as well as advantages and disadvantages.