6 Credits: Taxes
Event Date: November 29, 2023 7:30 am
COST SEGREGATION (2 HRS)
In this course, we go over cost segregation studies and their many benefits, how they are performed, and the frequent questions that arise when using these reports. We also cover other additional benefits of cost segregation including bonus depreciation, catch-up depreciation, reduced recapture, and partial asset dispositions.
§179D, §45L ENERGY CREDITS (1 HR)
Our presentation covers two of the most overlooked tax savings opportunities, the §179(D) energy deduction and §45L energy credit. We touch on qualifications, strategies for implementation, recent updates, and case study examples.
T.A.G. BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY ( 1HR)
This course provides an overview of best practices to consider when approaching business personal property tax administration. Throughout the session we will review critical elements to successfully maintain compliance while identifying state-by-state opportunities to mitigate excessive property valuations and capture tax savings.
R&D TAX CREDITS:
This course provides an overview of the research and development (R&D) tax credit. It explores the definition of qualified research activities, eligible expenses, and documentation requirements. We will cover how the R&D tax credit is particularly favorable for startups meeting the qualified small business criteria.
This lecture will explore the intricacies of 1031 exchanges in this comprehensive course. Learn how to defer capital gains taxes and maximize investment returns through like- kind exchanges. Gain insights into legal requirements, property identification, and transaction timelines. Attendees will learn how to develop the skills necessary to navigate this powerful tax strategy and unlock new opportunities in real estate investing.
- Discern what Cost Segregation is, and understand how personal property is determined;
- Determine the 13 principal elements of a quality study;
- Understand Depreciation including:
- Property classifications
- Bonus & super bonus depreciation
- Have a knowledge of Bonus benefits like:
- Catch-up benefit
- 1031 exchange
- Partial Disposition
§179(D) TAX DEDUCTION AND §45L TAX CREDIT:
- Review the § 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction and its opportunities;
- §45L Energy Efficient Home Credits benefits and strategies; and
- Inflation Reduction Act’s changes to these tax savings opportunities.
TAG (TAX ADVISORS GROUP) BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY:
- Understand what is required to file, appeal, and protest business personal property taxes.
- Know the opportunity available to pursue business personal property tax reduction state-by-state.
- Be aware of the business personal property tax trends that can impact overall tax liability.
R&D TAX CREDITS:
- Understand what constitutes qualified research activities
- Identify eligible expenses under Section 41
- Understand the potential value of the R&D tax credit
- Identify the potential benefits for startup companies that are qualified small businesses
- Identify 1031 Exchange benefits
- Learn what deadlines are in place when deciding to use a 1031 Exchange
- Understand the Identification requirements for implementation on a property
- Follow step by step instructions on how to complete a 1031 exchange
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-T-02352-23-I
IRS Federal Tax Law Credits: 6
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 315002
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1916
CTEC Federal Tax Law Credits: 6
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Cost Segregation Authority was first established in 2006 at the infancy of modern cost segregation services. It was founded in large part by a father and son team who had spent their career in the construction industry and became passionate about the tax-saving strategies associated with real estate investments. This family culture has stayed with us for over a decade and we endeavor to keep it this way for generations. A key milestone in our growth was the separation from a CPA firm in 2015. Our practice does one thing only—cost segregation. You will find most cost segregation firms are …