6 Credits: Auditing
Event Date: December 7, 2023 7:30 am
Many accountants and others desire to have a quick overview of current and emerging issues and changes in audit and other attestation standards – to know what should be on their radar for quality management and compliance purposes. This course will provide a “big picture” overview of the most important elements of updates in hot topics relevant to performing audits and other attestation services.
- Executive summary of the most important aspects of recently released auditing and other attest standards
- Recent ethics interpretations and other hot topics impacting the CPA profession
- Getting ready to implement the new Quality Management Standards
- Fraud and cybersecurity risk management trends
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify any changes in the nature of services that public accountants can provide to clients, such as recent ethics interpretations
- Recall new professional standard requirements in audit and other attestation services
- Recognize current fraud and cybersecurity risk trends
- Distinguish important matters on the horizon, such as the new quality management standards
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Jennifer F. Louis, CPA has over 25 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, state CPA societies, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.Previously Jennifer served as the Director of Audit Product Development at Surgent Professional Education for three years. Prior to that, Jennifer was Executive Vice President/Director of …