6 Credits: Accounting
Event Date: October 25, 2023 7:30 am
Many accountants and others desire to have a quick overview of current and emerging issues and changes in accounting and financial reporting standards – to know what should be on their radar for transition and implementation. This course will provide a “big picture” overview of the most important elements of updates in U.S. GAAP and other hot topics in accounting and financial reporting.
- The latest FASB standard-setting activity, including significant projects on the horizon
- When and why you should implement the private company GAAP alternatives
- Answering FAQ related to ASC 842 lease accounting
- Timeline for effectives dates, to enable accountants and others to prioritize implementation and transition plans
- Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recall the highlights of recent accounting standards activity
- List why new accounting standards were released, and the most significant impact on financial reporting
- Identify “hot topics” in accounting and financial reporting
- Explain current trends related to accounting alternatives related to private companies
CMA Notice: Western CPE makes every attempt to maintain our CMA CPE library, to ensure a course meets your continuing education requirements please visit Insitute of Management Accountants (IMA)
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Jennifer F. Louis, CPA has over 25 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, state CPA societies, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.Previously Jennifer served as the Director of Audit Product Development at Surgent Professional Education for three years. Prior to that, Jennifer was Executive Vice President/Director of …