6 Credits: Taxes
Event Date: November 14, 2022 7:30 am
Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA with essential down-to-earth tax materials in a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to grasp recent individual tax changes. You’ll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax experts. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it an extremely convenient resource. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy, often humorous presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated tax topics easily understandable. Specific course topics will be announced and updated through year-end.
Highlights of key updates include:
- Latest individual federal tax reform developments
- New proposed/enacted tax legislation
- Tax savings strategies
- SECURE Act guidance and SECURE 2.0
- Advanced Child Tax Credit and IRS Letter 6419
- Virtual currency overview
- IRS administration and compliance
- Relevant tax cases and rulings
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will accomplish:
- Increased understanding of individual and business federal tax reform developments.
- Tax savings strategies for individuals.
- Enhanced knowledge of the different types of individual and business retirement plans, assessing contribution limits, elective deferral limitations, and prohibited transactions.
- The ability to compare and contrast qualified Roth contribution plans, SEPs, SIMPLE IRAs, and 401(k) plans.
- Identify top estate planning strategies.
- Increased understanding of current IRS administration and compliance issues.
- Exposure to relevant 2022 tax cases and rulings.
Experience preparing individual tax returns.
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-U-02055-22-I
IRS Federal Tax Update Credits: 6
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 304577
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1791
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits: 6
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Robert “Chris” Province, CPA, has over 20 years of experience in delivering, instructing, and designing training courses. In addition to his speaking, Chris is currently a self-employed CPA specializing in taxation of high net worth individuals and closely-held businesses with clients located in many states throughout the United States. Chris has also served as a tax partner and senior tax member for several local, regional, and national CPA firms. He was a member of the national AICPA S-Corporation Technical Resource Panel and the Qualifications Committee for the California Board of Accountancy. Chris is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in California, …