Availability: 106 in stock
6 Credits: Taxes
Event Date: November 4, 2021 7:30 am
Investing during the Biden Administration will take on new characteristics. Add to that the long-term effects resulting from COVID-19, the investment world is gravitating at a phenomenal speed and clients are getting caught up in the hype without fully understanding the ramifications. This course answers marketplace and investor questions that take place currently and a projection of where things are likely to go. You will learn how to prepare a sound investment strategy for your clients in this everchanging landscape. Join course presenter Jeff Rattiner as he will examine a risk and return analysis to determine appropriate investment strategies. He will also cover investment types that will help attendees tie issues into the objectives identified and defined within the client’s financial plan. The course will help the CPA develop a comprehensive work program format, covering each discipline of investing, giving you practical strategies to help clients and CPAs of varying risk preferences.
- Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understanding what investing during the Biden Administration will look like.
- How to position your portfolio to take advantage of select opportunities
- Learn how to select the right investments in the right situations
- Design a portfolio in difficult markets
- Explain modern portfolio theory and determine whether it is still relevant
- Define forms of the efficient market hypothesis
- Explain examples of financial market anomalies and why they may become relevant in todays’ marketplace.
- Identify the unique complexities in today’s marketplace
- Identify your client’s risk tolerance, time horizon, and help establish their expectations through the management of their investment parameters
- Identify which investment vehicles to use in varying situations
- Contrast strategies such as modern portfolio theory, efficient market hypothesis, capital asset pricing model, age-based, and others and determine their relevance in today’s marketplace
- Identify how to build client investment portfolios tied to risk tolerance, time horizon, and market conditions
- Identify performance measurement tools for evaluating client portfolios
- Identify whether Bond Funds vs. Individual Bonds is most appropriate for your clients
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-T-01796-21-I
IRS Federal Tax Law Credits: 6
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 292828
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1586
CTEC Federal Tax Law Credits: 6
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Jeff Rattiner, BBA, CPA, CFP, MBA, is the president of JR Financial Group, Inc., which provides tax, financial planning, and money management services to individuals and financial planning professionals in Scottsdale, Arizona and Centennial, Colorado. His Financial Planning Fast Track (FPFT) program—which has been taught at eight universities—provides professionals with the training necessary to become CFP® certificants, and it received critical acclaim as the cover story in the December 2001 issue of Financial Planning Magazine. He’s a frequent and sought-after industry writer and entertaining speaker—authoring 10 books for Wiley, Bloomberg, CCH, Harcourt Brace and many others covering a variety of …