Availability: 25 in stock
6 Credits: Business Management & Organization
Event Date: October 26, 2021 7:30 am
Has your organization experienced change during the recent disruption? Are the professionals in your industry being challenged by new ways of doing business, including industry or regulatory changes?
Ed will share core strategies to manage and lead remotely along with critical strategies to manage projects and time. Participants willl learn how to skillfully rethink and retool your managerial skills in ways that will help you reach your people and empower them to perform while enhancing overall performance and productivity.
Business has changed more since the end of the economic downturn (2009) than in all the prior 30 years. Add to that this recent disruption and you’ll find you’re in a brand-new game. Ed will help you understand the new rules and how to win the game.
This program will also afford Professionals the skills to enhance their performance while enjoying time to increase productivity at work and at home. The course is divided into three key modules. The first section focuses on the skills and tools necessary to effectively manage your time, plan your day, week, month and year as a professional. The second section is designed to take your newly developed time management skills to the next level by increasing your productivity and enhancing overall performance.
- Remotely Inspire, motivate, and guide others towards goal accomplishments. Consistently develop and sustain cooperative working relationships. Encourage and facilitate cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; fostering commitment, team spirit, pride, trust. Develop leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, rewarding, and guiding employees
- Reenforce the key skills to be an effective manager both remotely and on site
- Enhance the effectiveness of remote work groups by improving –
- Goal, role clarification and interpersonal processes
- The setting of priorities, performance objectives and performance measures
- Monitoring and improving performance and methods employed
- Prioritizing your day, week and life
- Managing multiple priorities as we focus on key outcomes
- Getting more done in less time
- Create a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
- Influence others toward a spirit of service and meaningful contributions to mission accomplishment
- Enable others to acquire the tools and support they need to perform well remotely
- Assure that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the organizations
- Monitor and evaluate plans and focus on results and measuring
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Ed Robinson, CPA, CSP, is a highly recognized international speaker, business-growth coach, and author. A “recovering CPA” with an engaging personality, Ed has a wealth of experience and is a proven leader. His audiences leave with a renewed commitment to professionalism and success. President and CEO of Robinson Performance Group with over 30 years’ experience in professional service organizations, Ed provides unique growth strategies and leadership consulting to businesses. Many of his clients experience a dramatic increase in revenue production by applying his ideas and teachings. Ed is a certified professional speaker (CSP), a designation of the International Federation of …