K2’s Excel Features, Tools, And Tricks Everyone Should Know
6 Credits: Computer Software & ApplicationsEvent Date: July 12, 2021 7:30 am
Availability: 29 in stock
6 Credits: Computer Software & Applications
Event Date: July 12, 2021 7:30 am
It is safe to say that you use Excel to some degree, but do you and your team use it as efficiently and effectively as you could? Are you taking advantage of newer features such as Data Models, Dynamic Arrays, and the ability to collaborate in real-time with other Excel users? Do you use IDEAS, the IFS function, or the XLOOKUP function? Is Power Query part of your daily routine? Can you use Flash Fill to manipulate data?
In this session, you will learn about each of the above features, plus many others, to boost your productivity and accuracy when working with Excel. This session is a “must-see CPE” session for every accounting and financial professional who desires to use Excel better.
Major topics include:
- New features available in Excel that accounting and financial professionals should use
- How to work with larger volumes of data in Excel
- Improving efficiency through Excel’s collaboration tools
- How to link various sources of external data into Excel for reporting and analysis
- Create user-defined functions in Excel
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the importance of Power Query in everyday situations
- Utilize Flash Fill to manipulate data without resorting to formulas
- List examples of when you should use Excel’s multi-condition functions
- Define “array” and identify situations when Dynamic Arrays can improve productivity
- Specify at least two ways you can Data Models and their impact on reporting processes
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
Meet The Experts
Thomas G. (Tommy) Stephens, Jr., CPA, CITP, CGMA, received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. In 1994, Mr. Stephens opened his public accounting practice in the metropolitan Atlanta area. In his practice, Mr. Stephens provided accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a wide variety of small and emerging businesses. He developed a successful consulting practice providing installation and support services of small business accounting software. Additionally, he has authored and presented continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. Mr. Stephens has lectured nationally on subjects such as internal controls for …