6 Credits: Taxes
Event Date: July 12, 2021 7:30 am
- Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 Makes Changes for 2020 and 2021
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Makes Temporary Changes for 2021
- 3rd Round Stimulus Payments Reconciled on 2021 Return
- Child Tax Credit, Child Care Credit, and Earned Income Tax Credit Expanded by ARPA
- ACA Premium Subsidies Increased
- IRA Transfers to Charity Complicated by SECURE
- Paying with Virtual Currency Is a Reportable Sale
- Divorced Couples Face Tax Problems with Alimony and Exemption Changes
- Foreign Asset Reporting Remains on Exam Hit List
- Recent Cases and Rulings Highlight IRS Audit Issues on Individual Returns
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss individual tax reform developments.
- Enumerate planning ideas for individual tax reform.
- Convey details of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act.
- Understand Temporary Changes for 2021
- Identify and implement 3rd Round Stimulus Payments Reconciled on 2021 Return
- Accurately prepare returns for individual taxpayers.
- Understand and apply the various IRA and Roth IRA rules in order to properly utilize these vehicles for retirement and tax planning.
- Identify tax issues and apply regulations related to real estate and investment property.
- Identify top estate planning ideas.
- Apply the many other individual tax changes applicable for 2021 returns (these will be updated throughout the year).
Experience preparing individual tax returns.
IRS Provider Number: 0MYXB
IRS Course Number: 0MYXB-U-01793-21-I
IRS Federal Tax Update Credits: 6
CFP Provider Number: 3199
CFP Course Number: 292825
CTEC Course Number: 2071-CE-1583
CTEC Federal Tax Update Credits: 6
CFP Notice: Not all courses that qualify for CFP® credit are registered by Western CPE. If a course does not have a CFP registration number in the compliance section, the continuing education will need to be individually reported with the CFP Board. For more information on the reporting process, required documentation, processing fee, etc., contact the CFP Board. CFP Professionals must take each course in it’s entirety, the CFP Board DOES NOT accept partial credits for courses.
CTEC Notice: California Tax Education Council DOES NOT allow partial credit, course must be taken in entirety. Western CPE has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone toll-free at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org.
Meet The Experts
Karen Brosi, CFP, EA, has an extensive California tax practice, advising clients in individual tax and family wealth planning, specializing in complex individual income tax matters and all types of securities transactions. Her background as a CFP and as a tax preparer for the wealthy makes her particularly effective in the tax and financial planning arenas. Karen teaches tax professionals how to avoid tax minefields with her extensive planning checklists and practical tips. Besides being one of the most prominent California tax update instructors, she’s a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in print media, such as Bloomberg Businessweek. Karen’s powerful real-life …