Publication Specialist – Full Time
Western CPE has been committed since 1991 to providing the best CPE, taught by industry experts, on a platform developed to provide best-in-class security, speed, and innovation.
We are growing fast and looking for sharp, positive individuals to join our team as a Publication Specialist. You’ll have the opportunity to provide our customers with new updates and valuable knowledge in our pursuit to make Western CPE the number one platform for Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
You will have the opportunity to work with every kind of Financial and Accounting Professional.
- Work collaboratively to build, edit, format, template, and index our monthly/biannual/annual in-house tax manuals and publications.
- Build and edit PowerPoint Slides for our Tax update products for Webcast and Self-Study formats.
- Update and maintain all Self-Study Tax update courses.
- Effectively and efficiently assign courses to test writers, peer reviewers to build and release courses.
- Build and update SOP’s as needed.
- Update, revise and release Self-Study courses as needed.
- Develop course descriptions and learning objectives.
- Assist with vetting and updating Qualified Assessments.
- Assign peer reviews, and test writing.
Required Experience, Skills and Traits:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English
- Previous writing and proofreading experience preferred
- Can balance a variety of responsibilities and handle many projects simultaneously, efficiently, and accurately
- Have excellent proofreading, attention to detail, and organization
- Create, revise, and edit courses for production with accompanying learning materials
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Oversee templating and layout of new course materials
- Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
- Update and maintain accurate data on courses within our systems
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability
- Experience with WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
Bonus Experience, Skills and Traits:
- Work with company leadership to assign topics to individual writers, peer reviewers, and instructors
- Collaborate with department heads to brainstorm new stories, promotional series, and course concepts as needed
- Be familiar with NASBA Standards for Continuing Professional Education
- Have some publishing or equivalent experience
- Have an interest in continued education, accounting, and tax regulations
Western CPE is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don’t need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team.
Western CPE Employees. have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as paid time off, holidays, and sick leave. Western CPE also offers a generous 401(k) match.
If you think this is ‘you’, we’d love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)