Lead Tax Strategist – Full Time
Qualified applicants should have extensive knowledge of tax law. Working alongside our existing tax professionals they will assist in the research, writing, and developing the Federal Tax Manual, our flagship product.
The Lead Tax Strategist is responsible for developing relationships with and procuring instructional material from instructors that produce tax and any other approved discipline course offerings. The Lead Tax Strategist will oversee the content, editing, and marketing of each product to maximize exposure and profitability, including tax content on website, marketing materials, and ongoing eTax Alerts.
This position is for full-time employment in Bozeman, MT. We are willing to make concessions during Tax Season and consider a hybrid work schedule for the proper candidate.
- Be a general expert in tax content
- Research and keep abreast of emerging hot topics in tax and related topics.
- Research top-rated authors/instructors for presenting both new and recurring CPE topics for all deliverables: self-study, webcasts, live events.
- Film YouTube videos/clips in our in-house studio or at one of our conferences
- Decide what products to add to WCPE’s offerings; in which formats and number of credit hours.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with authors/instructors to continually gather ideas for new course offerings for all deliverables.
- Collaborate with instructors on course updates as needed.
- Serve as Webcast Moderator regarding tax questions
- Communicate the procurement of new courses with appropriate departments to initiate production of courses. Provide direction on which courses need to be expedited through the process.
- In support of Marketing’s efforts, provide curriculum viewpoint based on the research and assessment of customer’s CPE needs and of competitors’ product libraries and marketing. This will ensure that products are appropriately marketed, both directly and through cross-selling.
- Provide new and/or hot topics and course suggestions to be promoted via email, print, and the website.
- Write and edit tax content, including eTax Alerts.
- In conjunction with authors/instructors and the editing team, write course titles, learning objectives, and course descriptions that are accurate and compelling.
- Film occasional webcasts on current tax topics.
Required Experience, Skills and Traits:
- EA or Licensed CPA (Tax)
- Tax season experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular proficiency in Excel
- Excellent writing skills
- Should possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy while handling multiple tasks
Bonus Experience, Skills and Traits:
- Professional Speaking & Instructor Experience
- Master’s in Tax
Western CPE is a laid-back, fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don’t need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team.
Western CPE Employees. have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as paid time off, holidays, and sick leave. Western CPE also offers a generous 401(k) match.
If you think this is ‘you’, we’d love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)