You don't want to miss 'Rocket' Rod Redding's presentation of accounting changes that have occurred during 2018 and late 2017. Course topics will be updated on an ongoing basis, but current topics include the following: highlights of FASB's and GASB's Accounting Standards Updates (ASU), issued in 2018 and 2017; update on the current FASB and GASB projects; the FASB Simplification Initiative—completed and in-process projects; private company financial reporting; Auditing Standards Board and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board-issued guidance; and other bits and pieces from around the accounting profession. Rod consistently receives positive comments, including 'Makes a dry topic interesting and relevant,' and 'Never thought I'd look forward to an A&A update, but I do Rod's!' Rod goes through changes issued by FASB and GASB, presenting interesting observations about the standards, and leaves everyone glad they attended the course.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key accounting changes prescribed in FASB's 2017 and 2018 Accounting Standards
- Identify which of the ASUs are applicable to non-SEC entities (non-issuer) and which ASUs are SEC-related and from the Emerging Issues Task Force
- List and briefly describe the projects underway that might affect the financial reporting of non-public entities (non-issuer, non-SEC)
- Identify projects in progress at the FASB and GASB
- Cite changes in auditing, compilation, and review guidance for private and public companies
Back to top