You don't want to miss 'Rocket' Rod Redding's presentation of accounting and auditing changes that have occurred during late 2018 and 2019. Rod consistently receives positive comments, including 'Makes a dry topic interesting and relevant,' and 'Never thought I'd look forward to an A&A update, but I do Rod's!' Rod goes through changes issued by FASB, GASB, the PCAOB, and the AICPA, presenting interesting observations about the standards, and leaves everyone glad they attended the course. Course topics will be updated on an ongoing basis.
- Review of FASB's and GASB's Accounting Standards Updates (ASU) issued in 2018 and 2019
- Update on the current FASB and GASB projects
- The FASB Simplification Initiative—completed and in-process projects
- Private company financial reporting
- Auditing Standards Board and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board-issued guidance
- New standards from the PCAOB for auditors of public companies and the AICPA for audits, compilations and reviews
- Other bits and pieces from around the accounting profession
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key accounting changes prescribed in FASB's 2018 and 2019 Accounting Standards
- Identify which of the ASUs are applicable to non-SEC entities (non-issuer) and which ASUs are SEC-related, which are from the Emerging Issues Task Force or the Private Company Council.
- List and briefly describe the projects underway that might affect the financial reporting of non-public entities (non-issuer, non-SEC)
- Identify projects in progress at the FASB and GASB
- Cite changes in auditing, compilation, and review guidance for private and public companies
Back to top