The administrative rules for federal grants cover a lot of ground and can be notoriously difficult to decipher. Yet for all parties in the federal grant community understanding the set of authoritative rules set out in the Uniform Guidance for Federal Grants is critical.
This course covers the latest administrative rules published in the Uniform Guidance for Federal Grants with experts Sefton Boyars and Bill Allen guiding you through the requirements and providing insights into the trickier, unexpected clauses. With this course, you will gain knowledge of the uniform administrative requirements and gain the confidence to apply these requirements in the current federal grants environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the regulations underlying the uniform administrative requirements applicable to state and local governments and nonprofits.
- Identify key government regulators and their related acronyms.
- Differentiate among the four layers of regulations regarding federal award administration.
- Identify terms used in the uniform administrative requirements.
- Identify the General Provisions in 2 CFR 200.
- Identify the pre-federal award requirements in 2 CFR 200.
- Identify the contents of federal awards as set out in 2 CFR 200.
- Determine the post federal award requirements regarding financial management.
- Identify the post federal award requirements regarding program management.
- Determine the post federal award requirements regarding property standards.
- Determine the post federal award requirements regarding procurement standards.
- Identify the requirements regarding performance and financial monitoring and reporting.
- Differentiate among the rules related to recipient record retention and access.
- Contrast the characteristics of a subgrantee with those of a contractor for the purposes of subrecipient monitoring and management.
- Identify remedies for noncompliance.
- Determine when an award may be closed out and what is affected by the award closeout.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top