Understanding the economy and coping with the economic environment is critical in today's business performance, which is a major concern for managers and investors. The course will address macro-economic factors that may affect the performance of the business. Macro-economic factors include business cycles, interest rates, economic policy, inflation, unemployment, housing starts, money supply, and foreign exchange rates. For example, how the Fed's monetary policy affects corporate earnings is stressed. A variety of economic statistics and indicators are also explained in depth.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify economic trends and indicators.
- Recognize sources of economic data/variables to be analyzed.
- Distinguish between the private and public sector of the economy.
- Recognize elements of economic systems.
- Identify the goals of economic policies
- Recognize the relationship between economic decisions and marginal measures.
- Identify different economic concepts and decisions.
- Identify economic issues of unemployment and inflation.
- Recognize the factors of unemployment and the business cycle.
- Recognize key elements in the money supply.
- Identify different measures of GDP.
- Recognize equilibrium outputs and income and natural interest rates.
- Identify the components of investment.
- Recognize and calculate the marginal propensity to save.
- Recognize the elements of fiscal policy and the components of aggregate demand.
- Recognize the primary function of money and the role of financial institutions .
- Identify the role of the interest rates and the money supply.
- Recognize the relationship between investment and interest rates.
- Recognize the value of the Phillips curve and its application to monetary policy for price stability and employment.
- Identify the cause of stagflation and some potential solutions.
- Recognize some key attributes of the international trade and the foreign exchange market.
- Calculate exchange rates.
- Recognize monetarism theory and Keynesian economics.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top