Many people today say they feel more rushed than ever. If you are feeling overwhelmed, this course is for you. This course is designed to provide a 'big picture' understanding of the essentials of project team success. Attendees will experience game-like fun while wrestling with the real-life challenges of juggling various projects in a timely manner. We'll focus on the skills and tools necessary to effectively manage your time and plan out your day, week, month, and year as a professional. Finally, take your newly developed time management skills to the next level by increasing your productivity and enhancing your overall performance. This course will teach you how to work smarter, not harder. Where will you be in five years? It's up to you and how you manage your priorities.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the five key processes of project management (as described in the PMBOK): Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing.
- Explain the triple constraints of time, cost and requirements that form the 'Trade-off Triangle' of project management decision-making.
- Explain how a project kickoff meeting and project scope statement are used to learn what project sponsors expect from the team.
- Complete a risk evaluation and contingency plan and explain the importance of risk management.
- Explain the purpose and importance of several project management tools including work breakdown structure, Gantt charts, responsibility matrix, risk profiles, resource allocation grids, critical path diagrams, and project control reports to sponsors.
- Prioritizing your day, week, and life.
- Managing multiple priorities as we focus on key outcomes.
- Getting more done in less time.
- Explain what effective professionals do to guide a project team's and focus on time effectiveness and success.
Back to top